Monday, December 10, 2012

Performance Notes

Here are the performance notes for the speech I delivered:

Thank everyone for coming.  I am truly blessed and honored to be celebrating my 10-year art anniversary and am grateful to all of you for being here for me and for coming along for the ride as I navigate the ups and downs of my career.

Thank Galen for hosting the show, and for continuing to promote and foster art and community by taking risks and opening the door to dialogue and discourse to celebrate, collaborate, comment, explore, play and question.

Thank Chuck for helping me to reach my potential.  I wouldn’t be who I am today if not for your love, support, and willingness to join me on this crazy journey.  You are the light of my life and inspire me to strive for more, push the envelope even harder, and continue to pursue my creativity and vision even when I feel adrift, alone and isolated in doing so.

I know that many have wondered why I am doing this, questioning my integrity, necessity, sanity and validity.  Is it my place to do so?  What gives me this right?  What is the purpose and reasoning?  WHY?  I don’t myself have all of the answers to these questions, but I can say with certainty that I am doing this because I feel in my heart it is something I must do.

No comments:

Post a Comment