Monday, December 31, 2012

In Response, Some Thoughts

I had really dreaded reaching the 10-year mark in my art career because that is typically when one is no longer considered emerging, and I didn't feel that I was ready, nor did I feel like I had matured as an artist.  I worried that I would lose out on opportunities, especially since much of my work is challenging & provocative and does not stick to a personal, easily identifiable signature approach or style, all of which make it considerably harder for me to pursue solo endeavors and/or build a steady fan base.

However, by reconciling this over the span of the entire year through my anniversary celebration, with all of its ups and downs, and culminating it in the big LAST CHANCE! show, I sense that I have physically made manifest that which I was uncertain of by essentially creating my own "coming-of-age as an artist" ritual.  Though I am still very much processing it, I feel that this entire experience has transformed me, and has ignited my passion for art once more and made me more accepting of where I am, what I have and haven't done, and further opportunities for growth and development.

Thank you again for all of your support.  I invite you to continue to join me on this crazy journey as I navigate the next 10+ years of my art career.

Sincerely,
Jennifer Weigel
http://jenniferweigelart.com/

PS.  I didn't cancel the December raffle for naught and shall revisit it when the time is right.  I intend to post the results here when I do so.  Metamorphoses take time...

No comments:

Post a Comment